Whichever type of boiler or hot water system you use, make sure it is always functioning at its optimal level. Choose from the unrivalled HECAS collection of boiler spares and parts or make use of our handy Registered Engineer scheme to connect with local contractors. HECAS – bringing lovely hot water to the nation!
To help you decide for yourself, HECAS Boiler Parts and Spares present here our Pros & Cons guide to two of the most common boiler types.
- Unlimited, instant hot water
- Especially economical in small households
- Space-saving; no cold-water tank, hot-water cylinder or airing cupboard is necessary
- Water is potable at all taps as it comes directly from the mains
- Maximum pressure can only be achieved through one tap at once - not good for large households
- Delay between turning on the tap and water running hot
- Slow to fill a bath and won’t operate a power shower
- No immersion heater means no back-up in the event of a failure in gas supply
- Large hot water tank means several taps can be used simultaneously
- Expansion and feed tanks not required
- Will work with pressurised cylinders
- Good for large houses or commercial boilers with high demand
- Installation is more efficient thanks to fewer external components
- Included pump gives fast response and lower running cost
- Relies on large tank so takes up extra space
- Unless very heavily insulated, system boilers usually inefficiently lose heat to the surroundings
- Amount of available hot water is limited to cylinder size
Get in touch and let our experts help YOU decide. Whichever you choose, you are guaranteed the very best quality from HECAS.